29 Health Facts You Probably Didn’t KnowBy
Came here searching for health facts? If you are fascinated by health facts, we have a treat for you here at Divynen Healthy. Here is a long list of really interesting health facts that you probably didn’t know.
1) Laughing lowers the stress hormones epinephrine and cortisol, which suppress the immune system. So laughter really is the best medicine after all.
2) You can give your body the equivalent of a 10 minute workout on a rowing machine just by laughing 100 times.
3) Women with curvy hips tend to be more intelligent and therefore give birth to smarter children.
4) Strokes kill an average of one person every 3 minutes in the United States.
5) Once you reach age 30, your brain will shrink by 0.25% every year.
6) When you cough, your lungs push air out through your windpipe at speeds of more than a thousand feet per second, which is faster than the speed of sound.
7) There is more than a billion miles of DNA in a human body.
8) Your left lung takes in less air than your right lung.
9) Staring at a blue surface while you have sex will make your orgasm more intense. This is because of the angle that the optic nerve enters the brain.
10) Women are half as likely to be binge drinkers than men.
11) Men have a worse sense of smell than women.
12) Your brain is able to store all the experiences you have throughout your entire life.
13) If you were to have sex for a whole hour you would burn 360 calories.
14) It takes 200 muscles for you to take just one step.
15) The smallest cell in the human body is the male sperm, and the largest is the female egg.
16) Bone has 500% of the strength of steel, when compared weight for weight.
17) You can burn 350 calories per day just by fidgeting.
18) If you were to have your stomach, your spleen, one lung, one of your kidneys, 80% of your intestines, 75% of your liver, and most of the organs from your groin and pelvic region removed, it would still be possible for you to survive.
19) Blood pressure returns to normal 20 minutes after smoking a cigarette.
20) Women who smoke while pregnant are more likely to have birth difficulties or even miscarriages.
21) Non-smokers get only 10% of the wrinkles that smokers get.
22) Once the brain is deprived of its blood supply, it only takes 10 seconds for death to occur.
23) Without oxygen, the human brain is able to stay alive for 4 to 6 minutes, after which cells start dying.
24) Whenever a man anticipates having sexual intercourse, his facial hair will grow faster.
25) The release of collagen and oestrogen during sex can cause a woman to look younger and more attractive.
26) The human heart pumps about 400 litres of blood in the average lifetime.
27) Your brain uses about the same amount of energy as a 10 watt light bulb.
28) The average human head loses about 70 strands of hair per day.
29) Gin can help menstrual bleeding, as it is a mild diuretic which helps rid excessive fluid from the body.